8.04.2008

Help Wanted

I'm looking for some help. I want to do a sermon series on healthy living and getting in good shape physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually in the fall. This is a new development, but I'm going to need some help to pull it off. Here's what I need:

  • A dietician - to help give cooking/dining recommendations to the congregation
  • A trainer - to give exercise advice
  • A butt-kicker - to help me pull this off and lose some of my own weight by the end of five or six weeks (it would probably look bad if I preached on healthy living and gained weight in the process)

All of this is behind-the-scenes stuff that needs to be done. I'm not looking for someone to speak to the crowds or teach a class. I just want to pull together some information, for people age 2 through 94, that will get everybody involved in this sermon series.

This is a series that has been on my mind, but I've managed to push it to the back-burner before now. The mandate to be healthy is a scriptural one and one that we, as Christians, fail at constantly and choose not to talk about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll volunteer to be the butt kicker - That's one of my vave things ;) -- See you in a couple of weeks @ Eagle's Landing...

Robin Lambright said...

I would start with the First Place website. www.firstplace.org (I think) they have a lot of great resources for nutrition. Lori Kendal here at FUMC facilitates the First Place bible study and she may know a nutritionist???? Dana Summerbell might be a good resource as she is constantly training for all those three day breast cancer walks.

Then I visit this site all the time:

http://www.healthylivingwithellie.com/publicsite/funnel/index.aspx

Ellie Krieger is a nutritionist and she has a show on the food network that is helpful as well.