4.15.2009

Joy at the Stroud House

I have to share my joy with you.  As some of you know, my wife is famous for her chocolate chip cookies.  She's good enough to make Amos not so Famous.  If she had enough time and enough ingredients, I believe that these things could bring about world peace.

For almost two years she's refused to make these morsels of heavenly wonderfulness.  The oven in the parsonage wouldn't regulate heat consistently enough and the cookies weren't the perfection she was used to.

The oven died...

The new one came today!  Rejoice!  Proclaim the good news in the streets and come for a taste of your own.  We made a special trip to the grocery store, just for ingredients.  Tonight at 7:52, the first batch arrived, golden perfection, heaven in your mouth and pounds around your gut.  I tell you the truth, I couldn't be prouder if Erin just gave birth.

Just thought I'd share.  (imagine how good this must taste)

4 comments:

Meg said...

I'm SO jealous!! I know the joys of a new oven...first thing we made was cookies, too. Not as fantastic as the ones you enjoyed though...feel free to send down the leftovers. Oh wait...

Skoots1moM said...

what a great initiation into the Stroud house...I can almost smell them through the screen!
I think my first thing was a roasted chicken in my new oven.
Enjoy those wonder morsels of melting goodeness!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new addition, though I imagine they're gone by now! JB

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that it was really mean for you to post that when I could not enjoy the cookies with you- but I got one on Monday and it was yummy!
kim f. :)