1.06.2009

Heartbroken

I don't usually publish posts like this one, but today my heart is broken.

I got calls this afternoon from several friends to let me know of a tragedy that has taken place in a church I used to serve.  A 14 year old girl died early this morning from a brain aneurysm.  I know her family well.  Her two older brothers were in the youth group I was youth pastor for and her parents were two of my biggest supporters.  I'm a huge fan of this family and my heart breaks for them.

Tonight, a community will gather at 7pm to light some candles, say some prayers, but most importantly, to be present to a family in need.  As you read this, lift up a prayer for the Pope family - I know they could use it.

2 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

Young death is a very hard thing...and the grief is very encompassing for quite a long time. Praying them up...so sorry for your loss

Mezzo Forte said...

We too are friends of the Popes - met them in the late 90's when Sebe got the job at GA Power. Leah was just a little thing...still walking around with a pacifer in her mouth! The news hit me hard too - Yes, they are such a great family. It's still so surreal...