4.11.2008

Solicitation

I am soliciting all of your prayers - there is alot going on in my world right now.

  • Foremost, pray for me this coming Monday, April 17. I appear before the Board of Ordained Ministry so they can determine my effectiveness in ministry and decide if I am fit for ordination this year. This is a big deal and a stressful day. Pray for wisdom and peace.
  • Pray for my calling. I have been attending the New Church Leadership Academy this year and I am in the midst of discernment about whether or not God would have me plant a church.
  • Pray for my church. Mt. Bethel is in the midst of a sermon series focused on fruitfulness as a congregation. This has the ability to be a turning point for this church and a new beginning of truly effective ministry. Pray that ears will be opened and hearts will be softened to what God has to say.

Recently, Lifechurch.tv announced a partnership in a sermon series entitled "One Prayer". Each pastor from each church will preach one sermon on the one prayer they would ask for their church if they only had one prayer. For instance, Newspring Church in Anderson, South Carolina is praying "God, make us dangerous."

My one prayer for Mt. Bethel is, "God, give us vision." Vision opens doors, gives focus, creates optimism and energy - all things that we desperately need.

What is your One Prayer?

2 comments:

scwalters said...

Man, now you are leaving blog.com. I don't know what to do. Oh well. Dude, know that I am praying hardcore for you Monday. You will be fine.

Skoots1moM said...

I understood the barbarian part on your previous post...but the yawp caught my attention. I grew up here in the South and my granny called it "hollerin"...I've even sometime heard it as "yelp"...but yawp I had never heard. So, to the dictionary I went.

There I found an interesting quote:
"I sound my barbaric yawp over the roofs of the world" (Walt Whitman).

Cool, huh? In relation to what you had written in your blog, I could imagine you "yawping" from the roofs what you know to be TRUTH...(all those in the world without Christ, He told us we are aliens here, didn't He?!)

Then, I remembered...when I was a youth...no digs, I know it was a long time ago. We sang, "TELL IT LIKE IT IS!"...kinda rock for its time; but one of the most important messages I got out of it was, "I'll shout it from the mountaintops...I want my World to know, the Lord of Love, has come to me; I want to PASS IT ON." If we're to YELL, it should definitely be about the LOVE OF JESUS, right?!

Then further down the page, I found:
"barbarian: a Greek word used in the New Testament (Rom. 1:14) to denote one of another nation.(There we go with the alien thought again)

and then, In Col. 3:11, the word more definitely designates those nations of the Roman empire that did not speak Greek. (Wow, a reference to people not speaking the same language...not "hearing" the same way...so,

What do you do when you meet someone who doesn't speak your language? You use visuals and real-world things to discover a point you both understand...and by doing that, you show you care.

You meet them "where they are" and begin growing, learning from each other. That trust builds into sharing and then the door is then open-- for how Christ has changed your life and the visions He gives you for His Glory.

I'm so glad I didn't undertand "yawp"....now I understand and I pray His many blessings on your "yawping from the bottom of your heart" and loving them as Christ loves them...with everything He has. God's plan for you is so much better than what we expect! : )