4.15.2008

Tempered Good News

I've been asked by a few people and noticed that several are afraid to ask, so I'll share the news with you:

YOU ARE NOW READING THE BLOG OF A MEMBER OF THE NORTH GEORGIA ORDINATION CLASS OF 2008!

That's right, I survived my Board of Ordained Ministry interviews yesterday and was affirmed by the Board for ordination on June 17th. I can safely say that it is going to my head.

At the same time, my celebration is tempered. Of the 18 people that interviewed yesterday, about 1/3 were deferred so they could improve in certain areas and reappear before the Board next year. My heart breaks for my colleagues who have worked every bit as hard as me, especially one of my closest friends who was unexpectedly deferred. Join me in praying for my brothers and sisters. I am planning to stand for their ordinations next year.

May they have the hearts of barbarians and return stronger next year.

7 comments:

Skoots1moM said...

Yawping, yawping, yawping
as I type!!!
Had no reason to think u wouldn't make it...We are so excited for ya'll! Obedience blessed again :)
SK

scwalters said...

Congrats man. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to stand for you at conference this year. I am praying for those that were told not yet, knowing that God is and will continue to work through them.

Anonymous said...

wOOt!!! congrats dude!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! So...are you The Most Reverend or just The Very Reverend Alex Stroud? Or should we just call you His Holiness, the High Reverend Alex Stroud? I like Master of Divinity, myself. Any way you look at it, it's a mouthful.

Skoots1moM said...

Hey, Whit...CK said, "he's the MOST RECENT REVEREND!"...i thought that was cute, too!!!

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Alex! (And Erin!) I look forward to seeing what God has in store for you!

Mezzo Forte said...

Dude! Way to go...

Actually, I think we should call him the Most Recent Reverend Alex of Stroud!